Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday, December 8

Hello everyone and thanks for visiting my blog page.
This week I am working with a group of literacy coaches from all around the Northeast. We are having some really interesting conversations around the reading and writing process and how to effectively shift teacher understandings.

We have been doing a lot of work with 1 to 1 coaching. However, today we viewed a cluster coaching session. This is when a coach facilitates a group coaching session. I was wondering if anyone "out there" has tried this and would mind sharing your experience.

Hope to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I would have loved to participate. This is one area I would like more training in but as you know our district chooses not to send us there. We get 3 million dollars in ARRA money and not one penny spent on sending literacy coordinators back to Boston. Visit my blog. It is for my grad class. www.karlaklyng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is ARRA? I also heard some of y'all were going to a coaching training in Houston. WHo is providing the training? Let me know if it's good. I'll visit your blog-thanks! Call me when you come to town to visit your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mechelle! Long time no see!! I'm a blogger too...you can see my blogs listed on my FB on the left side. It's been a long time since I've done any cluster coaching myself, but it is one of my favorite kinds of coaching. From my experiences, teachers are less intimidated and learn so much from everyone in the group. It is also a way to coach and get more bang for your buck! Most of the research I've read supports group work....collaboration....teams....over one on one coaching.

    ReplyDelete

Angus

Angus
RIP, I lost my beloved buddy to doggie cancer in August.