Friday, August 17, 2018

Another First Day of School in the Books!

Year 31 in Education and I still get nervous the day before school! I absolutely love the first day of school. Teachers feverishly getting their classrooms ready, students and parents walking around the school peering in excitedly to see a familiar face, and the love and energy buzzing around the hallways. It's almost like Christmas! Yesterday was our first day of school and I had the pleasure of hanging out with the PreK and Kinder students ALL day. Whew! What a day! But so much fun! There were hugs and lots of them! There were tears and lots of them - parents and kids! But the best part of the day was getting to talk to 4 and 5 year old's. It's true what they say, "Kids say the darnedest things!" Here are the highlights of those conversations: “My dad’s name is daddy.” “I work out!” “My yogurt has m&m’s in it! “Get your hands out of your pants!” And then 4:15 on that same day when the last car rider pulls away you realize your body is old, tired and your energy level is zapped out! You go home and fall asleep early and dream about the next day! Welcome Back to School!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angus

Angus
RIP, I lost my beloved buddy to doggie cancer in August.