Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Back to School!

As I sit in my little office, next to the fourth and fifth grade teachers getting ready for our first day back to school, I hear sounds of happiness, summer stories, planning details and hints of excitement in their voices! It reminds me of the hard work and the fun work some of us are privileged to be able to call our careers. It also reminds me of how important the work we do matters! While I am catching up from my "busy" summer of providing professional development to educators, I am also sitting here remembering that my work matters only a fraction to the tireless hours my neighbors are putting into getting ready to greet new students. The dedication they exhibit and excitement is compared to few places I have ever worked outside of education. It makes me proud to be apart of something really big - educating children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angus

Angus
RIP, I lost my beloved buddy to doggie cancer in August.